As we're rounding out our second full season of providing MLB Lineups, we're proud to announce our latest addition to Baseball Press, My Lineup.
New Feature: My Lineup Page
Wednesday August 22nd, 2012
This comes off the heels of our Android Lineup App, and more recently, the addition of weather forecast information to the lineup page.
My Lineup is a brand new approach to viewing lineups. Instead of viewing a list of all starters for all MLB teams, you tell us the players on your team and we tell you who is starting and who is not. We also let you know who's on the DL, opposing pitchers, weather forecasts for today's games, which players are under a dome today, and you can sort your team so the order makes sense to you.
We did what we could to make My Lineup self-explanatory. However, if you need some help, here are some instructions and pointers...
- You must be logged in to use My Lineup. This is because your lineup is saved to your Baseball Press account. So any time you come back to My Lineup, you see your lineup without having to re-enter your team. To create or login to your account, follow this link.
- When adding players, names must either be in "LastName, FirstName" or "FirstName LastName" format (so either "Andrew McCutchen" or "McCutchen, Andrew" will work), but after 3 letters are entered, you will get a filtered list to choose from. The more letters you enter, the more filtered the list will become.
- Removing players is even easier, just move your mouse pointer over a player's name, and you'll see a small trashcan icon to the left. Click the trashcan and the player will be removed from your team.
- Saves do not happen automatically, after you add players to your team, or remove from your team, be sure to click the Save button.
- MLB team lineups are typically added 4-6 hours before gametime, until a player's team's lineup has been added, you will see an empty spot in the Field Position column, and the Lineup Position column will display N/A.
- The default display sorts your team on the Field Position, but you can sort by Player Name, Field Position, or Lineup Position by just clicking on the column heading.
- Weather forecasts for gametime will be shown in the grid, and a small dome icon will be shown next to the precipitation percentage for anyone playing under a dome.
We hope you enjoy your personal lineup page. Our goal is to provide a unique baseball experience for our readers. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.
And finally, I'd like to thank our beta-testers for their time and feedback, My Lineup wouldn't be the same without you.
by mattnick on Saturday February 2nd @ 10:57AM
this is awesome thx
by Anonymous on Sunday March 10th @ 4:40PM
by ckStone on Friday March 22nd @ 8:51AM
Great tool. Should make life a lot easier in my daily lineup league. Thank you.
by mzaffuts on Tuesday April 2nd @ 1:08PM
Need iPhone app!!! (this is an awesome feature, however)
by sammywhite on Sunday April 7th @ 9:33PM
This is a great and I mean great tool for Fantasy Baseball, thank you.
by mikedee718 on Wednesday April 10th @ 12:31PM
Love it. Posts lineups wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before any fantasy site
by Slim on Sunday April 14th @ 8:53PM
Dido, need iphone app!
by thesnugfitts on Monday April 22nd @ 12:12PM
The mobile app really needs the My Lineup functionality, other than that the app seems pretty solid
by Anonymous on Wednesday May 22nd @ 6:52PM