As many loyal readers know, the Baseball Press Lineup application was rolled out for Android phone users on Saturday March 24th. The response and comments on the application have been overwhelming.
Baseball Press Lineup Application - UPDATE
Sunday April 22nd, 2012
If you haven't read about the application or haven't had a chance to download it yet for your Android phone, I invite you to read up on the application and download it by clicking here.
If you have already downloaded the application..Thank you very much. If you have downloaded the application and are using it and like it, please leave us feedback.
Now, there have been a lot of questions regarding a lineup app for the Apple iPhone. Here's the information I can relay at the time of this article.
- Thanks to help of friends and family of this website, we have developed an application for the Apple iPhone.
- It has been tested and is currently awaiting the approval of the Apple Development Program.
- Unfortunately, we don't have a turnaround time on the approval from Apple.
- UPDATE - 4/25/12 - Apple has informed us that the app has been rejected due to "poor user experience". We are currently deciding what path to take next.
- Once the app has been approved by Apple, we will be making it available through the iTunes store.
- Just like the Android application, the iPhone application will be FREE.
For the Android app users, you may have noticed some small changes to the application. We've got a bunch of ideas lined up, but here's what we have changed so far.
- Small tweaks to the team logos.
- A refresh button located in the main menu.
- Timezones have been added to the game times on each screen. You can turn these on or off from the preferences menu. Remember, all game times are eastern time (ET).
Thank you to all the readers who visit the site daily and weekly. Also, thank you to iPhone users for being patient as we try to develop and gain approval for the lineup application.
Once the application is live with Apple, I will let everyone know.
by Anonymous on Sunday April 22nd @ 12:37PM
Been using the app on android and it works great. Any chance an update can provide notifications on a 'favorites' list? That way, once a lineup is posted and your guy is benched, you get notified.
by Reggie Yinger on Sunday April 22nd @ 1:43PM
Thanks. Yes, your idea is on our list of things to roll out with an updated version.
by Anonymous on Saturday May 26th @ 3:52PM
Has a decision been made to go forward with the iPhone app or drop it? I use safari anyhow in combo with twitter but the app would be more convienient. Love you guys!!
by Reggie Yinger on Thursday May 31st @ 7:41PM
Hi. Yes, we have made a decision. We will not be doing an iPhone application. However, we will be doing a mobile version of the page so that it can be viewed on any mobile device.
by Anonymous on Saturday June 16th @ 9:52AM
Great app! Simple and effective. However, I use it for scoring games, not fantasy. Any way we could get player numbers added to the list (app and website)?
by Reggie Yinger on Saturday June 16th @ 11:49AM
Player numbers? Liker jersey numbers?
Comments are closed.